Sunday, October 26, 2014

Spice Up Your Life :: Chorizo Lovin.

One of my favorite go-to's was brought to my attention by a good friend. It's a recipe tucked at the back of the Primal Cravings cookbook, which I highly recommend to keep things interesting in the kitchen.

 

Well I love the Chorizo recipe because it is super easy but brings a whole new dynamic of flavor and interest to all kinds of meals so try it out! I mixed bison and turkey for a double batch and to keep the lean meats with the flavor of the bison. I also tweak a few things from the recipe in the book as seen below...

What I used:
  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 1 pound ground bison (use meat of choosing but mixing makes a bigger batch and keeps the flavor interesting!)
  • 3 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp paprika
  • 2 tbsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp cayenne
  • 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 4 tbsp hot sauce (use 2-3 if your spice buds are fearful...but it's really not that spicy overall)
Then What Happened:
  1. Brown the meat in a large skillet pan 
  2. Once browned, add in everything else
  3. Mix well to coat the entire meat mixture and let to simmer for a little, stirring occasionally.
I use this in taco salads, mixed with eggs for breakfast, on the side of roasted veggies for an easy meal, or even made into burger patties. Great staple to get you through a lot of meals for the week...and I just don't get sick of it! Here's mine nestled between some roasted Brussels sprouts and eggs for breakfast this week...

Get spicing people!
Finding Fit,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment