I found this recipe originally from following an Instagram account, @primalappetite, and have adapted to my own technique now to where it's second nature.
With my aching mouth and teeth from all my dental work, this cozy, soft, and comfort-food dish hit the spot tonight...not to mention reheats for great (not as beautiful) leftovers!
- 1 lb ground meat (I used turkey tonight...great with any sort...)
- 1-2 carrots diced
- 1 stalk of celery diced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Dried Basil
- Salt and Peppa to taste
- Brown the meat in a large skillet with some S&P and some dried basil sprinkled in
- When cooked, add in the veggies and continue to cook until the veggies are soft. I toss in a little more dried basil too and cover with a lid to help steam the veggies a little.
- Boil the cauliflower OR nuke your steam bag :)
- Transfer soft cauliflower to food processor and mix with EVOO and garlic
- Pulse until smooth
- Spoon meat and veggie mix into square pyrex and distribute evenly (I use an 8x8 but a 9x12 would be fine, just thinner)
- Top with cauliflower mash and spread. Sprinkle a little S&P and dried basil to top
- Bake at 400* for 20 minutes
Cauliflower is a wonderful tool when eating clean as it is a very adaptable vegetable to replace a lot of starchy, carb-loaded foods, and is packed with lots of nutrients.
Here are just some of the benefits:
- High in nutrients and minerals (C, K, Folate, Fiber, B6, Magnesium and many more...)
- Boosts detox processes in the body
- Great antioxidant support with the Vitamin C and Magensium as well as many key phytonutrients
- Anti-inflammatory benefits
- Natural support of the cardiovascular and digestive systems
- Just to name a few...