Is it a coincidence that "desserts" is "stressed" spelled backwards?! I think not. Something about the reward of a warm cookie with an afternoon coffee calms that right eye twitch...just me? Surely not.
A friend of mine found this recipe for easy Paleo cookies online a couple years back and we've both sort of adopted it to our own thing. While this is not a Whole30 approved treat, it is technically a "clean eat" and is a great occasional treat as long as you share them with friends and don't eat them all. Prepare for simplicity.
What I used:
- 1 cup almond butter (each one creates a different texture in your cookie. I prefer to use a crunchy almond butter...make sure it is just almonds and no oils or additives!)
- 1/4 cup raw honey (or agave)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup Dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life is a dairy free "paleo friendly" brand that makes awesome dark chocolate chips. I bought mine at Sprouts)
- ...that's it. No seriously.
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Mix everything in a bowl with a spoon
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and use some coconut oil or EVOO to grease the pan
- Use the spoon to make drop batter on the foil, spread about 2" apart. I usually make 8-10 cookies from this.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes
- Remove and let cool on the pan a bit
As a reminder, this is a fat dense treat and still has natural sugars that you have to consider when treating yourself. That said, everyone deserves a little "stressed" spelled backwards every once in a while. Enjoy!