Monday, August 3, 2015

Boat Season :: Stuffed Zucchini Boats.

It may be something about summer time that just makes ya wanna be on a boat, by a boat, stuffing a boat...oh wait. Well regardless of your boat desires, I've seen a lot of people creating stuffed zucchini boats lately and I needed to jump on board. This is an easy way to get a good combination of your macros and a quick way to combine whatever produce may be in your fridge. And hey, they're cute!

What I Used:
  • 3 Zucchinis
  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 2 cups fresh arugula 
  • Homemade jalepeno ranch dressing
  • Avocado oil
  • FlavorGod Garlic Lovers Seasoning
  • Shredded or julienne sweet potato for garnish

Then What Happened:
  1. Preheat oven to 375*F
  2. Wash and slice zucchinis length wise and hollow out centers. I left the ends on to keep the structure in place. I used my zesting tool to help route out the centers.
  3. On a foil lined pan, I laid out my boats and sprinkled them with avocado oil and my Garlic Lovers. 
  4. Bake them for about 20 minutes
  5. Meanwhile, brown your meet of choice and throw in whatever other veggies you'd like to add in as well as your seasonings
  6. I add a layer of the shredded sweet potato to my baking pan for the last 5 minutes to get some crispy boat toppers!
  7. Pull the boats out and stuff with the meat mixture.
  8. Drizzle some dressing over the boats and top with your crispy's and enjoy!
      

    This is obviously a utensil situation...BUT that texture and flavor are a GREAT combo!
    So get to boating because it is STILL eight thousand degrees outside.

    Finding Fit, 
    Lisa

2 comments:

  1. *crispies*

    What do you do with the zucchini you scooped out? Still good eats so is there something you use that in to not waste?

    ReplyDelete