Wednesday, March 8, 2017

4 Ingredient Whole30 :: Paleo Caesar Spaghetti Bake.

Remember that time I thought I'd be blogging each week in 2017? Yea, me too...
Welp. We do what we can right? Working on that mentality in 2017. Stay tuned for the hyper-perfectionist, control freak, people-pleaser, yes-girl's outcome to that effort. (insert new, and much needed, eye-roll emoji here).

With the completion of one Whole45 challenge this year, and working through my next Whole30 currently, I've done a lot of cookin this year. It always feels good to be back in my zone. To be prepping, creating, and all around nailing the "clean eating" efforts. Feels good, don't it feel good. A lot of these meals get randomly thrown together and slapped out there on SnappyChat (designerlisa), and a lot of people ask for these recipes but I just keep postponing and looking for the perfect way to post, share, or word these things.

Then suddenly one of your besties makes you a home-cooked, Whole30 approved, meal (because she cares about your goals and lifestyle and SHOWS IT!) and you realize you can S I M P L I F Y.

So here we are. SIMPLIFYING with a SIMPLE meal. Katy shared this gem on Trim Down Tuesday over at her stellar blog, Keeping Up With Katy. You can check out her personality-filled blog and lifestyle musings here!

So what's amazing about this dish, is not only it's simplicity (catching the theme here), but also it's flexibility. Katy made the version she wrote about here from Pinterest for us and it was delicious! I altered a couple things based on what I had in my pantry and fridge and it was also...delicious.

SO Paleo Caesar Spaghetti Bake. (The way I made it this week)
What ya need:

  • 1 Spaghetti Squash 
  • 3/4 cup of Tessamea's Whole30 Approved Caesar Dressing (Whole Foods or Central Market)
  • 2 grass-fed beef sausage links (Costco has some TOP notch beef links yall. Quality meat.)
  • Greens...any kind. Whatever you fancy. I used a mix of kale, chard and spinach and about 
Then what happens:
  1. Prep your sketti squash. There are many ways to do this! I preheat the oven to 415, slice open the squash, and cut out all the seeds and muck with a small knife. Then brush each half with some oil (avocado is my preferred) and then salt and pepper. And bake until the shell gives a little. This usually takes 30 or so minutes depending on your oven and the size of your squash. You can also microwave so just test out your preferred method!
  2. While that's cooking, prep your meat. I used a pan with some avocado oil to pan sear the beef sausage after cutting into small discs. (Katy used a rotisserie chicken which is even easier and still tasty!)
  3. Once baked, use a fork to shred the "spaghetti into an 8x8 pyrex pan.
  4. Mix in the meat and its juice if there is any! 
  5. Then add the greens and that Caesar goodness and mix everything together. 
  6. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes to warm everything together to just get that flava flave all set in. 
Serve up OR let sit and divide into containers for the week! I made 4 containers out of mine which was from a small-medium spaghetti squash and let me tell you. It reheats B-E-A-U-tifully.

And that's all for now. 

Happy Simplifying and Finding Fit, 
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment