Saturday morning, after gettin up to see the sunrise...which was so bashfully hidden behind a draping of clouds and overcast morning dew EVEN though we got up at the buttcrack of dawn to see its colors...we took to the kitchen to prep: The Omelet Bar.
Erin's mom had tried this method for preparing omelets in a group setting and raved about it, so she decided we should try it for our group. Let me tell you. I was SKEP.TI.CAL.
Here's what we used:
- Coconut milk (or other milk of choice)
- all the veggies...
- Bell peppers
- whatever suits your fancy but that's what we have here.
- Salt and Pepper
- Ziploc baggies...no really.
Here's what we did:
- Boil a big ole pot of water
- Grab a Ziploc quart freezer baggie and put your name on it in sharpie
- Crack two eggs (or however many you fancy in your omelet) into your baggie...SO strange. And may require a friend.
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup of coconut milk
- Throw in any and all veggies desired
- Add some salt and pepper to your baggie
- Close the baggie and squish it all together so it's all nice and mixed like this...
- Drop the bags in the boiling water and let them sit in it for about 15 minutes. No, I'm still not kidding. We did groupings of 4-5 baggies at a time but multiple pots could up the multi-tasking ante.
surgery, but it was still seriously delicious and so easy!
For anyone looking to mass produce a healthy and still personalized breakfast for your next gathering, THIS is your solution! So get to makin some Ziploc Omelets! And I leave you with a fresh make-up-less faced pic of the ladies who got their rise and shine on to prep for everyone! You're welcome!